We went to the zoo. Things happened. Observations were made.
- Bats are creepy. Paul thinks this is a matter of opinion, but I am here to tell you that no, it is not. It is a fact. Very, very, creepy. Eat insects, blah blah blah. They have hands that are not quite hands. Creepy.
- There are snow leopard cubs. They are not at all creepy, though for the record, I still wouldn’t want to cuddle one, what with the claws and all.
- Paul was recently discussing vacation with a person who shall not be named, who said that we should take our kids somewhere next summer for sure, because it’s so nice when they are little, instead of whiny teenagers. I’m not calling Person X a liar, exactly, but I’m really not sure how anyone could have been whinier than Levi was today. Truly a Herculean effort.
- His Majesty would not lower himself to ride the carousel. Elias and I think this was a mistake. It was fun.
- Apparently everyone was having a Friday sort of day. Lots of napping.
I love the tiger. Seriously, just don’t even look at me right now.
- I was delighted to discover the excellently chosen sponsor for this exhibit.
Just me? Well, it wouldn’t be the first time.
- We got the mail on the way in the lane. It is the season of checking for wolf spiders before grabbing letters. I love fall, but I could honestly do without that bit.
And the quote of the day: “Moooooooommmmmm. We have to go home. There’s nothing to do here but look at animals.”
Excellent. Glad I burned a vacation day on it, then …